CSTE logo
Implementation of 2015 Revised HCV Case Definition
Group Home Group Home
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Implementation Guidance 0 R. Belcher Hello, My name is Roy Belcher and I am the Viral Hepatitis Coordinator for the state of Vermont. I'm relatively new in this position but am steadily getting my bearings with the help of my national counterparts. I'm hoping that this will be the beginning of a thread in which people (especially people with more experience than I) will be able to discuss implementation strategies for the revised case definitions for HCV. I participated in the November 19th CSTE call that discussed the draft specifications and reporting criteria for Hepatitis C from which I gathered that this process will be different for each state due to the different reporting systems/processes/population sizes. I'm wondering if other states that use NEDSS/NBS would be willing to share with Vermont how you're planning to approach implementing the revised case definitions for HCV? I have been working on revising the paper report form (attached) to include the revised definitions, but am not sure how we will implement on the NBS side. For example, how do other states deal with the lag time between receiving an antibody positive and a confirmatory test or additional information that would aid in classifying a case?   I'm also attaching some files I have been working on to visualize the revised case definitions in case anyone finds them helpful.   Thank you, Roy   Roy Belcher Viral Hepatitis Coordinator HIV/STD/Hepatitis Program Vermont Department of Health 802-951-4065 (ph) 802-863-7314 (f) roy.belcher@vermont.gov
by R. Belcher
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.