Launch of CSTE Briefs and Membership Comment Period
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
In April 2018, CSTE announced the new CSTE Policy and Position Statement Process. The revised process now includes our traditional CSTE position statements and two additional, formal mechanisms for members to develop, come to consensus on, and share their thoughts and opinions on public health topics of importance: CSTE Briefs and CSTE Letters. For an overview of these mechanisms, please view the archived video here.
Reminders about CSTE Briefs
- Briefs are intended to provide opinions on issues, policies, or best practices that would not directly result in changes to state/local law, rule or regulation.
- There are two types of briefs that may be developed and submitted throughout the year by CSTE members: Issue Briefs and Policy Briefs.
- Each brief will be posted to the CSTE website for a three-week membership comment period for vetting within the broader CSTE community. This membership comment period will be hosted via forums on the CSTE website.
- During each membership comment period, the author(s) will present their brief on a membership-wide webinar to generate discussion and answer questions.
The National Office is pleased to announce that the first CSTE Brief has moved through the appropriate levels of review and is ready for membership comment. The comment period will be announced to all CSTE members on Tuesday, December 3. Detailed instructions for how to participate in the membership comment period will be provided.
We strongly encourage your participation in the CSTE Briefs process and the upcoming membership comment period. Please contact the National Office with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Please note: Comments are only open to active Membership.