Are you ready for the #CSTE2018 Annual Conference in West Palm Beach? Here’s the rundown on how to get the most out of your experience:
1. Download the 2018 CSTE Conference mobile app prior to your arrival in West Palm Beach. Do this by searching the App Store or Google Play for “CSTE Conferences” or visiting http://m.core-apps.com/cste2018 on your mobile browser. Download the app for your tablet or smartphone, then filter and search through sessions on the agenda to create your custom daily Conference schedule. The app is updated regularly and allows you to download handouts, receive important announcements, see local info, connect with colleagues, and more!
2. The online agenda also has a useful, searchable index of sessions. Don’t miss out on the special events (Opening Reception, Early Career Professionals events, and more).
3. Get information on what weather-appropriate clothes to wear, shuttle information, walking directions, and maps on the Conference website. The weather in West Palm Beach will be hot, so be sure to bring a water bottle, sunscreen, insect repellent, and other items you’ll want to beat the heat.
4. CSTE is offering a variety of continuing education (CE) credits this year for physicians, nurses, health educators, veterinarians and those Certified in Public Health (CPH). For CME, CNE, CHES, and RACE there are a maximum of 12.5 hours eligible for only the conference workshops and plenary sessions. Only Certified in Public Health/CPH credits are available for all conference sessions. For questions, visit the Conference website or email Jessica Arrazola at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Familiarize yourself with the 2018 position statements, so you can give feedback according to your subject matter expertise. The full list of 2018 submitted position statements is available through member login on the CSTE website.
6. Are you presenting or moderating? Watch the presenter instructions and the moderator instructions YouTube videos!
7. Due to unforeseen circumstances, CSTE will no longer host the annual 5K Group Walk and Run scheduled for the morning of Tuesday, June 12, 2018. As an alternative activity, CSTE will host a sunrise yoga group session on Tuesday, June 12 at 6:30 am by the pool at the Hilton West Palm Beach. Please bring a towel and a water bottle – space for the yoga class is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
8. Are you looking for more information on how to prepare? Read the FAQs on the conference website.
9. Share group photos of you and colleagues and interact with @CSTEconference on Twitter and @CSTE.org on Facebook with hashtag #CSTE2018 to win gift cards and other giveaway prizes.
10. Check out the sponsored sessions to learn more about emerging software and services that are tailored to modern local, state, and federal epidemiologists’ needs.
11. Let us know what you think and how we can improve the CSTE Conference experience by completing the Annual Conference Evaluation – a link will be sent to attendees via email post-Conference. By completing the evaluation, you’ll be entered to win a $150 Amazon gift card or a free one-year CSTE membership.
We look forward to seeing you in West Palm Beach!